The Czech Society of General Practice of Czech Medical Association J. E. Purkyne as official organizer of the Prague WONCA 2013 conference offers a scholarship program to provide the opportunity for young family physicians/general practitioners from around the world to attend. This scholarship will be available for family physicians/general practitioners from the countries listed HERE only.
Bursary Programme has been Concluded
Bursary program for WONCA 2013 was concluded. All bursary applications for scholarships were considered and decided. On top of the settled criteria in the bursary program Committee provided support in order to reach fair distribution according to the country of application, sex, abstracts submitted and other features. Successful aplicants will be welcome to the conference. No further applications can be submitted for consideration. All successful applicants were notified by January 31st 2013.
Goals of the International Scholarship Program
1. Advance family medicine worldwide.
2. Assist nations with need and potential for growth.
3. Support the development of outstanding future leaders internationally.
The nominee selected will receive an award of up to $1,000 US to support expenses connected with attendance of the Prague WONCA conference in June 25-29, 2013. Please note that so far budget allows us to support only 30 candidates and also note there is one award per country available only!
Requirements for Eligibility
1. Must have completed medical studies, during training or early practicing family medicine, age up to 35. 2. Must be fluent in English.
3. Must have the support of the official body (Ministry of Health, Medical Chamber) or best from the country's family/general practice organization (if only there exist some).
4. Must have potential of becoming future leader in family medicine.
5. Priority will be given to those applicants who prove accepted abstract to the Prague conference – but not necessary condition.
Criteria for Selection
1. Personal need for financial support.
2. Personal potential for contributing to the development of FM in his/her home country.
3. Strength of proposed activities during the Prague conference visit.
4. Strength of proposed activities upon returning to the home country.
5. Regional needs and potential for FM development.
International scholars will be expected to submit a brief written report on their activities during Prague WONCA 2013 conference and the use of their experience back home and send it not later than one month after conference to the address below.
All successful applicants were notified by January 31st 2013.